The Fort Bend Boys Choir of Texas uses the ancient time-honored tradition of the boys choir as the foundation of educating boys through their formative years. Our ultimate goal is not just about music, yet music excellence is the hallmark of the Fort Bend Boys Choir. Because of our unique boychoir education, these choristers gain numerous long-term, tangible benefits that transfer into their everyday lives. They learn:
- Science (the study of acoustics)
- Foreign languages (many musical terms and lyrics are in Italian, German and French)
- Mathematics (rhythms are based on divisions of time through fractions)
- History (music often reflects the environment of its creation)
- Physical education (coordination of the body and proper breathing techniques)
More importantly are the intangible qualities that our choirboys develop. Through a supportive, positive environment, these choristers develop self-discipline, self-esteem and maturity. We instill in all of the boys a good work ethic, teamwork, responsibility and leadership. Our choirboys become more polite, respectful and confident. Most of all, these young boys learn the value of commitment. They will carry these qualities with them long after their voices change and they embark on other endeavors.